Wednesday, October 20, 2010

2 in one day?!

how lucky. however i wanted to finish updating.

let me talk about myself for a bit. who doesn't love to do that. the month of september i spent almost every day nauseated. luckily for me, i did not have morning sickness in the typical way most people do - i was able to keep foods down. however certain smells bothered me so i just stayed away from them. during the 2nd week of september i developed a virus that ended me up in the ER. my temperature kept rising and there was concern if it reached 102* it could become harmful for the nugget. so they ran some tests, put me on a few bags of fluids and observed. luckily, a bad virus was all it was. so i spent the next few days at home resting and recovering. ryan took very good care of me - i am lucky to have him!
so back to foods. nothing bothered me too much. sour patch kids became a staple in my diet - the sour kept my stomach from going crazy when i did start to feel nauseated.
towards the middle of september however, i developed an aversion to the fridge. i have come to the conclusion. that its the feeling and smell of cold air. i gag. and its terrible. so again ryan has come to my rescue and goes into the fridge for me when i need something.
you ask, what do i do when he isnt home? i pull my shirt up over my head and pray i grab what i need the first time. this is not a joke. however the least amount of gagging i do - the better i feel! 
while i dont have any strong cravings, things just sound good sometimes. i love chipotle, khans is still a love of mine. frozen lemonades sound great - although ive not had one since august! i was surprised at my last appointment to find out that i have not gained any weight. my OB isnt concerned however, as i am keeping foods down and am able to eat. 
lets take a look at 8 weeks, until now at 14:
(8 weeks, i call this bloat)

(9 weeks, still bloated)

(10 weeks, the bloating has reduced)

(11 weeks)

(12 weeks!)

(13 weeks. here is where i think it becomes pretty obvious)

(14 weeks. pretty obvious here i think!)

my mom and i went shopping last weekend. i found a basically new pair of gap maternity jeans for $20 and picked up 4 tops from kohls (the 14 week photo being one of them). let me explain - maternity clothing is much more comfortable than regular clothing. 

saturday ryan and i also had family photos taken with our very talented wedding photographer, Jessica of JM Photography. here was the sneak peek she gave us:
we also included brigsby in our photos. i will post the other 9 when we get them back in a few weeks!

and that my friends, is all i believe i have for now!

xoxo
kristen, ryan, brigsby and little nugget

1 comment: