Friday, December 3, 2010

i cant really explain..

how much i love you already. i am so excited to meet you, but need until april of course :) i am enjoying being pregnant and feeling you move! i hope ryan can feel you soon too - i know he would love it just as much as i do.

i completed your toy chest. it was mine as a baby/little girl. it had yellowed over the years so i took a can of good quality spray paint and went at it in thin layers.
here was the start of it, and these photos dont really show how dirty and yellow it was, along with how tarnished the gold hardware was:

and after 2 cans of semi-gloss white spray paint by rust-oleum and one can of metallic paint by rust-oleum, the finished toy chest:

I also learned today, that we will be getting the glider that my great-grandpa made for my parents! He did beautiful woodwork and made beautiful furniture, so I am excited to have a family heirloom in your room. Your grandma Ann is going to be sewing new covers for the padding on the chair so it matches your room.
I can not wait to get going on your room - we have agreed on everything (which was very easy, unlike choosing your name, which we still have not done!) thankfully! I have already found a few accessories that I would like to buy to put in there!

with love little nugget,
kristen, ryan and brigsby

No comments:

Post a Comment