Sunday, December 26, 2010

I teased you once, but I promise not again

we wanted to share nugget's given name with our family before sharing with the world, and Christmas lent us the perfect opportunity to do so! 
how did we tell? we used a die-cut machine at school to cut out the letters of her name, and then mixed them up. we gave each family member a set and told them to unscramble the letters to create her name! 
my brother figured it out first on my side, and my sister-in-law on Ryan's side! must be a sibling thing!

anyways, we went back and forth between a list of names, not really loving any. until Ryan emailed me one day and suggested: Sydney.
I actually had to stop and say it a few times over and over, because I never expected to fall in love with a name so quickly. I mean, you are assigning this little person a name that they will live with for the REST of their life. 
The middle name was also easy. Elizabeth was a given. It is my middle name, my moms, and about 4 others on my moms side. I wanted, and Ryan knew how important it was to me to continue that tradition. 
Do you know too many people with two middle names? I do not so I will say I was hesitant to add one. I was not against using two because of the reasons. Just hesitant. 
A few days before Christmas, Ryan and I determined that her name would be Sydney Elizabeth. And we left it at that. I randomly asked him if he had to name her alone, would he change anything, and he said she would have two middle names. 
I thought about that, and wanted to give that to him.
Christmas morning Ryan opened a frame from me that read:
 Sydney Elizabeth Lynn
He looked at it, and looked at me and asked if I was sure. 
I was positive.
So where does Lynn come from?
Towards the end of October and beginning of November, we experienced the loss of Ryan's mom. It was very unexpected and very hard on the family. Lynn was his mother's middle name. And I wanted to honor that for him just as much as he wanted to honor her and incorporate it.
So in April, we will be welcoming our little girl,
Sydney Elizabeth Lynn
to our family. And we could not be more excited!


with love,
Kristen, Ryan, little nugget/Sydney & Brigsby

2 comments:

  1. beautiful name!!! I love using family names, Rachel's middle name is after my mom, Karen, and if we have another daughter, I want her to have the middle name Leigh which is my middle name, and my dad's as well (but spelled Lee)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the name. I have a cousin named Sydney and always thought it was a very under-used name and should have been more popular. I also love how the whole name flows. Really beautiful! And I'm totally grooving on the 2 middle names; 3 out of the 4 people in my family have 2 middle names, so we approve! ;)

    ReplyDelete