Monday, February 14, 2011

an unexpected trip to the Dr

I would call it minor nerves. Ive been pretty calm the entire pregnancy, not reading into too much and letting things come as they do. But after not feeling Sydney bouncing around last night and today - I began to get a touch nervous. After calling my Dr.'s office, and laying down in the nurses office for 45 minutes at work doing kick counts - and not feeling much of anything they suggested I go get checked out.
Luckily - I have great co-workers that can help cover when things like this happen, and for that I am very grateful.
So I left school/work early and drove down to the Dr.'s office. After doing all the basic stats on me - they checked for her heartbeat - which was very strong, and then hooked me up to the NST machine. I sat hooked up to that for about 25 minutes just listening to Sydney's heartbeat and hearing her move around. It was pretty awesome and a huge relief of course (they also gave me juice - I love juice). I never thought the worst today - I figured she may be resting from the busy weekend that we had - but I knew I would also rather be safe and get checked out than stressing myself out wondering!! The nurses were fantastic today - as was my OB of course. I am so glad I chose that office for my care!!

with love,
kristen & sydney

1 comment:

  1. Always best to check it out! Glad everything is a-ok! :D

    ReplyDelete