Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dear Sydney

Dear Sydney,
Today I am 39 weeks and 3 days pregnant with you. This journey has been an amazing one. In the beginning, I was only struck with nausea. No throwing up for this momma. I thank you for that one if you had anything to do with it. Sure, not being able to go into the fridge for 17 weeks was semi-annoying (to both me and your father) but it was worth it.
I have not been at all anxious or ready for you to be here - up until now. Do not get me wrong, I have always looked forward to do the day I would meet you as an "outside baby", but I have always been content waiting for that day to come. Now with only 4 days until your expected due date - well, my patience has pretty much expired. Please do not get too comfortable in there - because with every passing day I am becoming that much more uncomfortable. But it is not anything I would not deal with for you.
We have your room all ready for you - even though you will not be sleeping in there right away. We also have your temporary sleeping arrangements set up in our room, along with the glider made by your great-great grandpa. It is all ready in anticipation for you. Dad also got his affairs in order and packed his hospital bag - I think he is starting to get nervous. It is really cute.
On Friday had anyone asked, I would have told them I thought this past weekend you would have made your appearance. But, you decided to hold back and wait it out. I am okay with that. It must be pretty comfortable if you want to continue allowing me to lightly jog the neighborhood with Brigsby, and run up and down our stairs multiple times in a row. If it isn't comfortable - sorry about that. I was just thinking you might need a small dose of motivation to come into the world.
A few of my hopes for you (and these are pretty basic, and just a few). I hope you have your dad's temper. I can get pretty spicy - but I think over the past few years I have settled that down a touch - your dad says so at least. But he could be just telling me that to fill my head. Your dad is pretty level-headed - and he keeps me that way most days, while still allowing me to dream. It's a perfect balance.
I hope you have my nose and feet - because they are cute. Yeah, I am sort of vain that way - but really they are. Eyes - take your pick. You cant go wrong with either of our eyes. I hope you have a mix of our senses of humor - I like to think we are pretty funny people. I hope you can sit back and listen to others but I hope you never sacrifice yourself when you need someone to listen to your fears and dreams. I will always be here for you when you need someone to listen and no one else will.
I hope you find a sport you love. Tennis, softball, dance, gymnastics - something you love to do. I bet your dad will be first in line to coach your first t-ball team (with me 2nd in line). If you dance - I cant wait to buy you your first leotard and ballet slippers and watch your dad as he sits through your first dance recital as you spin the wrong way and maybe even cry on stage because the lights are so bright and you can not see us in the audience. But trust me - we will always be there watching and cheering you on - no matter what you choose to do. 
I wonder if you will be left or right handed. I am left-handed, your dad is right handed. If I had to guess, with how much you loved hanging out on my right side this entire time, that might be your thing - but who really knows!

I think it is time for me to get going with preparing dinner, but I wanted to write a few of these things down.
We cant wait to meet you and we hope it is soon!
With love,
Kristen, Ryan & Brigsby

3 comments:

  1. OMG this is too cute. Good luck in the upcoming week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet! I hope she comes soon for you, I have another friend due in a few days and she is hoping her daughter makes her arrival ASAP!

    ReplyDelete