Wednesday, January 12, 2011

our glider!

I am so, so excited about this. My great-grandpa hand-made it for my mom in 1991. She used it with my brother when he was born and it basically has been left in a room until now! My parents offered it to us when we started considering furniture for Sydney's room. I asked my mom if she could sew cushion covers to match the fabrics we chose - since she had made the previous covers for the cushions to match what she used in my brothers nursery. She posted the photos of it completed, and I can not wait to have it in our home now!
(my mom asks that you please ignore the dust, she says she still needs to wipe it down and oil or do something to it, but she wanted some quick photos up!
again the fabric:



and the finished product:
I think the finish he chose for the wood, will be perfect to compliment the color of the drawer that is under the crib!

with love,
kristen, ryan, sydney and brigsby

No comments:

Post a Comment