Monday, January 17, 2011

Registering and the Nursery

Ryan and I went to finish our registry at Babies R Us yesterday. We had a lot of fun, but it was a LOT of work and decision making. I will say we made a brief stop in the glider section - NOT to contemplate which one to choose as we already have one - but to rest. yes, to rest. That store is bigger than you think and often you have at least 3 choices for every product to make. Good thing, that I did my research. However, because Ryan did not, he did not often understand why stuff was so expensive. He did understand most of it once I was able to talk to him about why I thought we should register for A over B, and not C or D - although I had a high chair chosen - I moved from my first choice to one that he selected - we do work well together :)
My father-in-law came over bright and early this morning to help Ryan take down the baseboard (he still needs to do inside the closet, and the doors and door trim) and remove our old queen bed and my old day bed from the Nursery. They were finished by about 10am this morning! The room is naked and ready for some paint before "we" tear up the carpet to make room for some new flooring! 
Here are a few photos of her room as it stands right now:
as you walk in the door:
view from across the doorway:
and for fun, the two sides of her closet
the right has nice large shelves:
and the left contains more hanging space:

as you can see, the walls are FILTHY! and no, we have not done anything to them since moving in over a year ago - we figured we would wait until we were expecting a little one to fill the room! dont you just LOVE that lovely blue carpet? i hope to forget about it one day to be honest! i dont mind the carpet in the rest of the house, but whoever thought they should stray from a nice neutral carpet and choose blue (or green which isnt as bad, but is next door in the office) was out of their mind!!!

With that said, up next is painting the ceiling and priming the walls - and then onto buying the real paint for the room!!

xoxo,
kristen, ryan, sydney & brigsby

No comments:

Post a Comment